Sierra 2 Center is NOT a ballot drop off location – but will open as a Vote Center on June 2.
The nearest drop box is at the Ella K McClatchy library on 22nd and U streets. They are currently accepting ballots during the following hours:
- Tues/Thursdays, 10:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays, 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Fridays, 1:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- Saturdays, 10:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Sierra 2 Center to Open as a Vote Center on June 2
Voters will be able to drop off their ballots or vote in person in Curtis Hall or Room 10 beginning on June 2.
- Saturday, June 2: 8a – 4p, Curtis Hall
- Sunday, June 3: 8a – 4p, Room 10
- Monday, June 4: 8a – 4p, Room 10
- ELECTION DAY, Tuesday, June 5: 7a – 8p, Curtis Hall
Sacramento County is one of five counties in California to implement the Voter’s Choice Act, expanding voting opportunities for all residents.
Choose how you want to vote.
- By Mail: Place the voted ballot inside the envelope provided, sign the envelope and return with $0.71 postage.
- Vote Center: With the passage of the California Voter’s Choice Act, traditional polling places will be replaced with Vote Centers that are open for up to 11 days, including Election Day. This means voters can choose when, where and how they want to vote. For a list of locations, please select from the following:
- Vote Centers open for 11 days from May 26 – June 5, 2018
- Vote Centers open for four days from June 2 to June 5, 2018
- Drop Box: Beginning May 8, 2018 voted ballots may be placed in any of the 53 secure Drop Box locations throughout Sacramento County. A complete list of locations can be found online at and will be provided in the Sacramento County Voter Information Guide that will be mailed out prior to the election.
- Accessible Vote By Mail System: Voters with disabilities can download and mark their ballot from the convenience of their home and then return it by mail.