The Sierra 2 Center’s return to full operations will be gradual as it moves forward with policies that feel safe and at a level of business within the staff’s capacity. The Center serves all walks of life, from daycare children to older adults in the Senior Center, and therefore needs to operate cautiously.
What to expect
- Building and office hours are limited and depend on what activities have been booked on-site. If you need assistance, call or email first. Please call (916) 452-3005 x200 to schedule an appointment to tour the facility. Staff contact information is available at https://sierra2.org/sierra-2-center/contact-us/.
- Masks are currently required indoors in all areas (i.e. rooms, hallways, bathrooms).
- Staff will not ask for verification of vaccination; this will be done entirely on an honor-based system.
- Some classes and activities hosted by the Sierra 2 Center may have special registration instructions and class size limits.
- Patience, flexibility and understanding are greatly appreciated as the Sierra 2 Center slowly ramps up operations after being closed to the public for 15 months.
- Additional classes will be announced in a measured way, due to CDC guidelines for COVID and staffing constraints. If you have questions about classes or activities listed on the website, please contact instructors or Katie Byram for The Learnery and Senior Center at 916 452-3005, ext. 208 or email Katie@sierra2.org.
For updates on building hours, activities, events and policies, check the sierra2.org website and social media, and subscribe to Sierra 2’s email newsletters.