Help us put on great events!
We need 1-2 part-time people, 20-25 hours per week, must be available to work nights (until 11pm or midnight) and weekends (Friday night, Saturday mornings, days and nights, and Sundays days and nights).
Perform a variety of custodial and set-up work in preparing for and cleaning up after events and activities at Sierra 2 Center. Maintain a clean, safe and usable facility. Open, close, and secure facility. Assist renters, visitors, and tenants with equipment set-up/function and general service requests. Monitor events and renter activities in progress for adherence to good neighbor policies and health, safety, and security compliance. Provide direction and assistance in resolving rental issues, facility problems and emergency situations. Facility Monitor may be assigned certain supervisory responsibilities.
Job Duties May Include
- Provide exceptional customer service to those contacted in the course of work.
- Plan for equipment and furniture needs in advance of scheduled events using booking calendars and room diagrams to ensure requests can be met.
- Set up, arrange, and take down tables, chairs, and other furniture for banquets, meetings, concerts and other events according to specified arrangement charts, diagrams, or oral directions.
- Perform various custodial duties such as sweeping, scrubbing, stripping, waxing, washing windows, cleaning restrooms, removing waste materials and garbage, and vacuuming carpets—includes work areas such as furnishings, bathrooms, fixtures, walls and floors.
- Perform check-in and check-out duties with facility users.
- Perform minor repair on equipment and facility.
- Load and unload deliveries.
- Operate a variety of hand and cleaning tools used in event set-ups and in maintaining and cleaning building and grounds.
- Assemble items such as easels, bulletin boards, tables and chairs; hang or place as appropriate.
- Monitor and make adjustments as needed to HVAC thermostats and room temperature controls in accordance with ranges set for the facility.
- Organize and maintain janitorial and general operating supplies; recommend the ordering of needed supplies and equipment.
- Monitor events and rentals in progress to ensure smooth flow and to anticipate and resolve issues.
- Identify, enforce, and adhere to health, safety, and other regulations; report safety and sanitary hazards.
- Maintain confidentiality, especially related to sensitive organizational, customer, and other generally private information.
- Proactively use commonly accepted practices that conserve energy and promote environmental conservation.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education Required
One year of experience performing routine building custodial and maintenance work or conference/event venue set-up services; at least one year of working in hospitality and/or customer service position. One year of combined hospitality and custodial/maintenance work is acceptable. High school diploma or equivalent.
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.