February 11 @ 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Welcome to the February Feast, a neighborhood dinner to go with pickup at Sierra 2 Center. Dinners for 2 lovingly made by Jeff and Leo at La Famiglia Catering. This event is a fundraiser for the Sierra Curtis Neighborhood Association and Sierra 2 Center. Thank you for your support!
Salad on a stick made of fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and sweet basil
Delicate layers of pasta coated in a luxurious mix of hearty ragù bolognese (slow-cooked meat sauce) and creamy béchamel (white sauce).
Vegetarian Lasagna Alfredo
Layers of vegetables, cheese and pasta in a creamy Alfredo sauce
Garlic bread sticks
Italian pastries made of tube-shaped shells of fried pastry dough, filled with a sweet, creamy filling usually containing ricotta
Thank You to these Local Businesses for Raffle Prize Donations
And the Raffle Winners Are…
- $20 Gunther’s Gift Card – Nicole S.
- $40 Meet & Eat Gift Card – Genevieve S.
- $40 Meet & Eat Gift Card – Thomas L.
- $50 Plant Foundry Gift Card – Karen and Brian H.
- Ritual Yoga Certificate – Lydia M.
- New Helvetia hat and 4-pack of beer – Mary Ellen S.
May We Suggest Some Romantic Movies?
Test Your Skills with These Trivia Questions
- Where was the best-known Valentine’s message sent from?
- Which candy maker invented the first Valentine’s candy box?
- What year did Valentine’s Day officially originate?
- When you kiss, your heart beat increases up to how many heart beats per minute?
- Which Shakespeare play featured Valentine and Proteus?
- What major invention was patented on Valentine’s Day?
- Why are hearts used to symbolize love and affection?
- Which Valentine’s candy was created on equipment made for lozenges?
- Who received the most Valentine’s cards, teachers or mothers?
- The current pandemic temporarily caused the suspension of what candy in 2019?
Scroll down for the answers…
- Prison by St. Valentine
- Richard Cadbury
- The Two Gentleman of Verona
- The telephone
- It was believed that the heart, not the brain, was the center of all emotion, including love.