Spanish for Travel
April 4 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:30 pm on Tuesday, repeating until April 18, 2023
Tuesdays, March 14-April 18
5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
The Learnery, Room 7
6-class series: $150
Advanced registration is required; attendance is limited. Purchase tickets below. Tickets are non-refundable, and nontransferable, after February 28.
Classes focus on situations you might encounter while traveling and are structured so you will learn phrases and vocabulary related to travel. Students will also learn to understand basic questions asked of them from a native speaker.
1) Transportation- flights, buses and trains.
2) Times, money and banks
3) Accommodations- booking hotels and hostels, communicating with staff regarding amenities, room needs, sightseeing, etc.
4) Directions- asking for locations and directions
5) Purchases- trying things on and buying souvenirs
6) Dining- ordering food and drinks
About the instructors:
Thomasina Turner, has her M.A. in Spanish and has taught Spanish at CSUS for 6 years and at Consumnes River College for 23 years. She also works as an interpreter for Health Services Foundation and AT&T Language line. Co-teacher, Carlos Brusel, was born in Spain and has his M.A. in Spanish and has been teaching Spanish at Jesuit High School for 25 years.