Big Day of Giving
May 2 @ 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
Sierra 2 Center is many things to many people.
- To our neighbors we are a gathering place, a voice of advocacy, and a group of old friends.
- To parents we are a place you come to see your child perform, get care, go to a party, or learn a skill.
- For our tenants we are their place of business, their office, their work-family, a fun old building.
- To couples we are where they got married, had a wedding or baby shower, or celebrated the life of a loved one.
- To established and beginning artisans and craftspeople we are place to vend and teach or take a class.
- To our local delivery drivers, utility workers, mobile-office workers, and DMV-walkers we are a place to get a drink of water, use the restroom, and grab a local paper or used book.
- For our senior population we offer an outlet for socializing, games, wellness, and lifelong learning.
- To Sacramentans and residents beyond we are “that cute place you went that one time for that thing”.
Our goal is to continue to be all these things and more to the people who step through our doors. Here are the projects we are working on that will help to continue building on our work.GIVE
Why We Need Your Donations
Phase 2 Theater Renovation: $75,000
Replace the stage flooring, curtains, sound and house lighting: (In Phase 1 we replaced the seats, carpet, stage, signage, and roof.)
Wellness Programs for the Senior Activity Center: $5000
Used to purchase supplies and equipment for the various classes and subsidize cost of instruction.
A Space for The Learnery: $50,000-$75,000
Enable us to expand offerings, to include classes focused on “messy” art forms, food and beverage education, wellness, and technology. Our new Learnery Lab will include sinks, technology equipment, and supplies for all activities.
Volunteer service time and expertise are needed to help us with the events, Senior Center operations, The Learnery, filming and editing for the My Story Project, archiving and database maintenance, and to assist with the theater updates project.
Capital Repair Projects: $75,000-$100,000+
Assist with capital repair projects necessary to maintain and preserve the historic 40,000 square foot, 3 acre property. Roofing projects and replacement of significant portions of the flooring and HVAC systems will be required in the next two to three years.GIVE